[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: pov

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jun 25 00:06:45 PDT 2014

Am 24.06.2014 23:48, schrieb Gaerfindel:
>> Klingon word: pov
>> Part of speech: verb
>> Definition: be excellent
>> Source: TKD
>>

> pepovchuq  -- "Be excellent to each other!"

No, that won't work. It sounds as wrong as "be green to each other". The
definition is not "be excellent to s.o."

If you need to be excellent FOR (to) somebody, I'd suggest using {-vaD}:
{HoDvaD yIpov} "be excellent for the captain".

(Please correct me if that is an english expression or some kind of joke
I am not aware)

Don't forget the farewell wish {povjaj} "may it be excellent" (have a
nice day), which coincidentally is the same word as "tuesday".

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh