[Tlhingan-hol] ghargh'a Doq Hud'a' je -- wa' vI' wa'DIch

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Sun Jun 22 06:19:48 PDT 2014

> On Jun 22, 2014, at 5:32, Gaerfindel <gaerfindel at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/20/2014 2:47 PM, Gaerfindel wrote:
>> I'm sure that by now everyone has seen the duel between Gregor "The Mountain" Clegane and Oberyn "The Red Viper" Martell.  That's exactly what I'm going to *attempt* to describe in Klingon.  Wish me luck!
> So after much hel -- particularly with the difference between {lung} and {ghargh} -- I've reworked the first part of the tale: The Call to Attention.
>
> {Qoy!  Qoy

Is Qoy an order or a statement?  The former would be clearer with an imperative prefix. Also if it's an order, putting the vocative before the order kinda makes sense. As in: hey you, do this.

> Hoch jupwi'pu'!

-pu' is type 2. -wI' is type 4 and spelled incorrectly.

> SeymoH lut.  pIlmoH lut.  DunmoH

nuq DunmoH?

> 'ej 'IQmoHbogh lut.

With the type 9 this becomes a sentence fragment.

>   Haychu'ta' ghargh Doq HuD je lut Samuch!}

A comma between elements in an anded list helps readability.

You also need punctuation between the two sentences. yap . : ; ghap.

"A red/orange serpent/worm and a mountain duel to the death" and "I present you with the story.".

> Whaddya think?

lut'e' vIlaD 'e' vIloS. lutvam vISovbe' 'ej lutmey vItIv.

-Qov