[Tlhingan-hol] ghargh'a Doq Hud'a' je -- wa'DIch

Gaerfindel gaerfindel at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 11:47:02 PDT 2014

I'm sure that by now everyone has seen the duel between Gregor "The
Mountain" Clegane and Oberyn "The Red Viper" Martell.  That's exactly
what I'm going to *attempt* to describe in Klingon.  Wish me luck!

"Listen!  Listen, my friends, all of you!  I shall present a tale both
great and tragic.  A tale to excite.  A tale to inspire.  I present to
you the tale of the duel between the Red Viper and the Mountain!"

{HI'Ij!  HI'Ij jupwi'pu' Hoch!  may''a' bom 'IQqu' Samuch.  SeymoH bom.
pIlmoH bom.  Haychu'ta' ghargh'a' Doq HuD'a' je bom Samuch!}

A storyteller's first duty is to call attention to himself so that other
may hear his tale.

Naturally I've taken some liberties when translating from English to
tlhIngan Hol, but I think the essence is there.  Tell me what you think.