[Tlhingan-hol] Canon surrounding order of pre-OVS elements

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv 'utlh lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 23:17:08 PDT 2014

Similar to what others have stated earlier, I think it’s fine to say, “As a general rule, adverbs precede Type-5 suffixed nouns, but grammar isn’t math or computer programming. There are exceptions to general rules, and the exceptions often involve levels of subtlety that a new student of the language may learn over time, but should not become overly concerned with in the early stages of learning the language."

It’s like nostrils, scattered all about. You may understand it later, but nobody can explain it to you. There is no short-cut to this part of the learning process.

Or, to reuse the Harley Davidson bumper sticker: “If I have to explain it, you wouldn’t understand."

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Door Repair Guy, Retired Honorably