[Tlhingan-hol] Rant about verbs of motion

Brad Wilson bmacliam at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 08:04:05 PDT 2014

The fact that there are "shaded" interpretations does not bother me.
Even looking at the English word "go", sometimes it uses a preposition, sometimes not. When a child is acquiring language (and face it, we are like children in that regard, learning new words and usages) she will use it the way she first learned it until further input from better speakers (in our case, Maltz thru MO) says otherwise.
I go to the store.
I go to the school ... oops, I don't need "the" ... I go to school.
I go to home ... oops, I don't need "to" ... I go home.
And so we learn. Why should tlhIngan Hol be any different?
Brad WIlson aka gheyIl