[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: poS

Gaerfindel gaerfindel at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 9 20:23:00 PDT 2014

On 6/9/2014 9:27 PM, Robyn Stewart wrote:

*vIgh**Itlhpu' quljIb:*
So then the rewrite would be: *jagh' chaH cha' vaj'e', 'ach poS DeSDu'
'uchchuq, loDnI' rur. Suvba'chugh*
*DaqtaghmeychajvaD ratlh ghopDu' neH.*

*jang <<Robyn Stewart>>:*
*jagh' -> jagh* (new typos for old) *p**oS DeSDu' 'uchchuq -> 'uchchuq
poS DeSDu'* - Remember OVS order.
*
vI'jang:*
More importantly, using *-chuq* prevents the use of an object.
/"This suffix is used only with plural subjects...The prefix set
indicating 'no object' is also used when this suffix is used,"/ (TKD 36)
*
ghItlh <<Robyn>>*
  I think you meant to include*nIH* in there somewhere.
*
vIjang:*
Originally I did, but Qov suggested *ratlh* and upon looking it up, I
agreed.
*
ghItlh <<Robyn>>:*
Some people would get twitchy over your using a comma as a sentence
conjunction. Maybe *SuvchoHchugh* makes more sense than *Suvba'chugh*,
but it's your story.
*
vIjang:**
*I used {-ba} because I wanted to convey the *slight* uncertainty of a
fight.  Obviously as enemies there's a good chance they may, but if
*...'uchchuq poS DeSDu', loDnI' rur* /"They grasp left arms as
brothers,"/ then there may not.  The audience should know that.