[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SuwomIy

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Sun Jun 8 14:00:36 PDT 2014

I suspect quljIb may be thinking of the Sami, who are considered indigenous to northern Scandinavia and Finland.

"Sami" and "Suomi" may or may not be cognates. However, Wikipedia would suggest linguists tend to lean toward "may not".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland#Etymology

We used to get quite a lot of Finnish TV when I was a lod, and it was always labeled "suomi". I remember I used to think that this was Sami TV, since they sounded similar.

A {SuwomIyngan be'} plays Kahless in the Klingon battle opera 'u':
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SYlu2DJvPM4