[Tlhingan-hol] qep'a' Proverbs

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Jul 28 07:02:55 PDT 2014

Okrand added a bit to this explanation in HolQeD 5.1:

  Infrequently the singular {pegh} "secret" (rather than the plural {peghmey})
  is heard, shortening the construction to {pegh vIttlhegh}. Since {pegh} is
  also a verb (meaning "keep something secret"), {pegh vIttlhegh} can also be
  interpreted as a sentence meaning something like "a proverb keeps things
  secret," that is, it withholds information rather than being a ready source
  of answers. To some Klingons, this is a most insightful coincidence.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons