[Tlhingan-hol] qep'a' Proverbs

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Sun Jul 27 06:56:46 PDT 2014

I couldn't find a single canon instance of lutu'lu', which led me to
conclude that while it is technically correct, it's not normal, and its
usage is a hypercorrection.

I was talking to Marc about a t-shirt Ethan (Sepram puqloD) was wearing,
giving the dates of Pluto's existence as a planet. I started to read it in
Klingon and realised that while I could give the dates of an institution by
saying tera' DIS 1930 cherlu', "It was founded in 1930"  I couldn't say
tera' DIS 1930 tu'lu' "It was discovered in 1930" because the usage tu'lu'
for "there is" blocks it. I'd have to say tera' DIS 1930 tu' <pong>. (But I
didn't know who discovered Pluto). Marc agreed, or I had better say "seemed
to agree" because you know Marc.

- Qov