[Tlhingan-hol] A Challenge to the group

lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 07:27:32 PDT 2014

DloraH, qatlho'. This is the kind of thing I've been seeking. My favorite is the second one. {SaH 'Iv?} is the perfect response to "Knock, knock." Why do I hear HoD Qanqor's voice in a sarcastic whine when I read it?

The third one is good, but shouldn't that be:

[{{'IHbe'}} bIjatlh'a'?] jatlh tlhIngan.

I thought quotations were not treated as objects of speech, but just separate sentences with no grammatical link between them. They just sit next to each other, in either order.

And the last joke explains a lot about the tlhIngan Hubbeq.