[Tlhingan-hol] Beginner story parts 7 & 8

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Sun Jul 13 22:51:36 PDT 2014

As discussed, this story uses only level one vocabulary and grammar. Thus
far the first person protagonist has found something s/he tells his/her
friends is a ship, but s/he hasn't been able to make it work. S/he's
hungover and frustrated.
Please nitpick usage.
		7.
		wewchoH Dujqoq.
		SIj'egh.
		lojmItHey moj.
		poSchoH 'oH.
		ghot ngaS. SuD ghaH 'ej ror.
		taQ qabDaj.
		ghIchDajvo' SIch ghop.
		nov ghaHba'.
		Dujqoqvo' ghoS nov.
		jIbIt.
		jIrotlhbe'.
		novvam vISuvrupbe'.
		QeH'a' nov?
		muHIvrupbe'law'.
		muvan nov.
		jatlh nov, <maj.
		wa'Hu' yuQvam vISIchlaHbe'.
		Hop 'ej 'Itlhbe'.
		qaqIHneS, qaH.
		lojmIt'a'lIjmo' qay''a' vay'?>

		7.translated
		The so called ship starts to glow.
		It slits itself.
		It becomes what seems like a door.
		It opens.
It contains a person. S/he is blue and fat. [know two words for fat]
His/her face is weird.
A hand reaches from the nose.
S/he is obviously an alien.
The alien proceeds from the so-called ship.
I am uneasy.
I am not tough.
I am not prepared to fight this alien.
Is the alien angry?
It appears to be not ready to attack me.
The alien salutes me.
The alien says, "Good.
Yesterday I couldn't reach this planet.
It is distant and not highly advanced.
Pleased to meet you, sir.
Is something being a problem because of your superdoor?"

		8.
		toH pongDaj vIghoj.
		Duj 'oHbe'. quS 'oHbe'. lojmIt'a' 'oH.
		jIjatlh, <vIlo'laHbe'. Qapbe'law'.>
		vang nov.
		lojmIt'a'qoq yuv 'ej SIH.
jatlh nov, <mISqu' tlhaq.
vItI'laH. jI'um 'ej jIpo'.
pat vIcherqa' qoj yoD vIchel.
lojmIt'a'lIjDaq ngeb DochHomvam, DochHomvam joq, 'a bIH vIghaj.
DaHjaj QapbeHqa'chu'.>
<DaHjaj QapbeHqa'chu'> -- muSeyqu'moH mu'tlheghvetlh.
DochDaq tlhegh rar nov.
jatlh nov, <ru' tlhegh. vItlhe'nIS>.
ghIchDajvo' ghop lo' nov. vumqu'.
jatlh nov, <'ISjaH vIpernISqa'bej.
Holvam DamaS'a'?>
jIjatlh, <HISlaH>.
jatlh nov, <DIp vISov 'a wotvam vImughnIS.
mu'ghomwIj vIlo'nIS>.
vumqa' nov.
ghaH retlhDaq ghItlhlaw'.
8.translated
		So, I learn its name.
		It's not a ship. It's not a chair. It's a superdoor.
		I say, I can't use it. It seems to not work.
		The alien takes action.
		It pushes and bends the superdoor.
		The alien says, The chronometer is very mixed up.
I can repair it. I am qualified and skilled.
I will re-establish the system and or add a shield.
I think this thingy and this thingy on your superdoor are counterfeit, but I
have them.
Today it will be ready to function perfectly again.
<Today it will be ready to function perfectly again> -- that sentence gets
me very excited.

The alien connects a rope to a thing.
The alien says, The rope is temporary. I need to turn it.
The alien uses the hand from its nose. It works hard.
The alien says, I definitely need to relabel the calendar.
Do you prefer this language?
I say, Yes. [Be sure to know the two different words for yes].
The alien says, I know the noun but I need to translate this verb.
I need to use my dictionary.
The alien resumes work.
He or she writes something in the area next to him/herself.

- Qov