[Tlhingan-hol] Parts 3 & 4 of the untitled story

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Mon Jul 7 18:15:48 PDT 2014

> On Jul 7, 2014, at 11:52, "De'vID" <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Qov:
> > qej qabDaj.
>
> qech DaDelbogh vIyaj. ghaytan yaj tlhIngan je. 'ach chaq qejlaHbe' qab, qejlaH nuv neH.

ngeDqu' choH. mu' <qab> vInoplaH.
> > tera'Daq pagh rurqu'.
>
> pagh rurlaH'a' Doch? chaq vay''e' rurbogh Doch tu'lu'be' neH. "It's like nothing on Earth" feels to me a bit like an Englishism directly translated into Klingon. Does it feel that way to anyone else?

I knew it could be read that way when I put it in, and seem to have convinced myself I could getaway with it. I tried to think of it as "on Earth it was like a cow." "on Kronos it was like a tangqa'," "on Mars it was like nothing".  I think I use all the words elsewhere so can omit the entire sentence.

Thanks.