[Tlhingan-hol] Bug

lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 06:01:56 PDT 2014

Playing around with the UltraLingua Klingon dictionary, I noted that the entry for {mach} is inconsistent with the entry for any other adjectival verb. Type in "small" in the English-Klingon search and there are no entries found. Type in "be" and the only adjectival verb to show up is "be small".

So, that's one entry error. Not a big deal. I wrote them about it. Of course, we are not allowed to edit their mistakes.

Meanwhile, there is no obvious way to get the multiple entry feature to work for new words I add to the dictionary. No matter how I add, {toSwI' qal'aq} with a definition "1. climbing aparatus 2. jungle gym", a subsequent English-Klingon lookup of "jungle" comes up with no entries. The Help Facility tells how to add words, but says nothing of multiple definitions or of how to handle these "be adjective" verbs.

So, clearly, there are resources that UltraLingua holds for themselves in terms of entry notation that the rest of us cannot access. Either we have no access to the feature, or we have no explanation of how to access the feature. The effect is the same.

Disappointment is an understatement.