[Tlhingan-hol] boqrat

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Fri Jan 31 03:23:53 PST 2014

Today I stumbled over an article in memory alpha about an animal, which
I always thought it was a klingon one: {boqrat} Since it looks so much
"Klingon", I had never thought of the idea that it might be a rat! A
"bok-rat". I'm a little confused, because if that is true, it makes it
look like when when the Klingon word was created, the creator did not
thinkt about the fact that this might be a "rat"... And next, does {rat}
mean "rat"? I doubt it and would like to think about it as the "bokrat",
which is NOT a rat... (??)

FYI:
the word is listed in KGT, and also in the glossary to Diplomatic
Implausability.

Does anyone have more information?

--
Lieven L. Litaer