[Tlhingan-hol] geometry terminology in Klingon

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Jan 28 01:46:55 PST 2014

I wrote:
 > To be nitpicking, this is only the case when ALL of the sides are
equal, that is, all surfaces of it are a {ra'Duch tIQ}.

QeS corrected me:
> With respect, that's not true.

I honestly thank you for the correction, and I am not offended. I admit
that I was confused - like many others as you explained - with the
regular tetrahedron.

reH latlh qabDaq qul tuj law' Hoch tuj puS!

Even when one looks at Wikipedia, the first image shown gives you the
regular tetrahedron, and I always had in mind the image of the regular
tetrahedron, but never thought of the basic definition. Again, this
shows what you can learn while learning Klingon :-)

> but where not every tetrahedron may be a {qu'vu'}, every {qu'vu'} would
> be a tetrahedron.

Briefly following Okrands description, one could make a dictionary entry
like {qu'vu'} = tetrahedron.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh