[Tlhingan-hol] geometry terminology in Klingon

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Jan 27 01:31:44 PST 2014

Thanks De'vID for sending these to the list. These are really cool words
we've been waiting for very long. I'm sure we can adapt some of the
constructions in a geometrical way, I'm sure that a {DujtlhuQ 'Impey'}
may be called a "star pyramid" or an extruded {DujtlhuQ} becomes a
{DujtlhuQ tut}.

We received these words during a small qepHom we had on saturday, and
Maltz was very talkative this time. He did not only give us geometrical
shapes, but also the next two words, of which at least one word can be
used very often:

toSwI' qal'aq
climbing apparatus, jungle gym

qal'aq
frame, framework, supporting structure, skeleton

Deq
(be) erstwhile, former, prior, ex-
There is also an idiomatic use of that verb, for example Deq SuvwI' is
similar to the english expression "That warrior is history".

These words will be added to the new words list right now
(http://www.qepHom.de/e/newwords.html), and I'm sure they will appear in
the next update of De'vID's boQwI'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tlhInganHol.android.klingonassistant)

Qapla'