[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Jabberwocky

Richard Svensson loneanimator at gmail.com
Sat Jan 25 23:55:30 PST 2014

Hi!
I am a Swedish amateur filmmaker primarily working with stop-motion
animation interlaced with live-action (sometimes dubbed "Dynamation"). A
few years ago I made a video version of Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky" poem.
I'm now working on a Klingon version of the heroic nonsense poem, featuring
monsters and themes from Klingon culture.
BUT I need to find someone willing to help me out with the translation of
the poem into Klingon; not an exact copy with rhymes and the same rythm,
but rather its own version.
Is there anyone at the institute who would be willing to offer me this
help, or do you know of any other potential forum where I should ask?
Here's my adaptation of the "Jabberwocky" poem, as I think it could be
translated (alternative text passages are separated by slahes):

It was meal time

and the ChuSwI' were digging/burrowing.

Stirring/restless/unrestful were the blas rikas

and the targs were grunting/making noises.

“Beware/be careful of/be wary of the Ja'poWech', my son,

the jaws that bite/its jaws bite

the claws that grip/catch/its claws catch/grip.

Beware/be careful of/be wary of the krencha

and the terrible/wild mll'oD.”

He took his honourable sword in hand/he grabbed his honourable sword

And looked for his/the enemy.

He rested for a while/short time

and stood thinking/brooding.

While he was thinking/standing/brooding

the Ja'poWech' came/appered

with eyes as fire/with flaming eyes/with a wild stare/with staring eyes

shaking the ground/making the ground shake

and roaring terribly/making a horrible noise.

Again and again/over and over

with great skill

he attacked with his honourable sword.

With a mighty cut/strong cut/strong blow

he took its head/chopped off its head/cut its head

and returned home.

“My son, you have killed the Ja'poWech'!

Come to my arms/let me embrace you/ let me give you honour.

We shall have a feast today/we shall feast/we shall celebrate.”

Said his proud/happy father.

It was meal time

and the ChuSwI' were digging/burrowing.

Stirring/restless/unrestful were the blas rikas

and the targs were grunting/making noises.

Here's my old Jabberwocky video in Swedish. Unfortunately, alterations in
YouTube's video codex has made the image quality rather bad, but if you can
imagine this with slightly better visuals (as I've grown as a video maker)
and with Klingon animals, settings, etc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4SwHTp8xRs

I appreciate any help!

Best regards

Richard