[Tlhingan-hol] Star Trek Phase II - Kitumba. We need help with some Klingon terms.

Peter Walker peter at startrekphase2.de
Sat Jan 18 10:37:30 PST 2014

Hi,

I have just joined this mailing list and hope you guys can help. I organize
the subtitling and also run the official download mirror for the Star Trek
Phase II fan-film series. If you have not yet seen our latest Klingon
episode - "Kitumba" - you can watch and download it here:
http://www.startrekphase2.de/4x08_kitumba.html

We have run into a problem with one small part of the script where Uhura
lists a series of Klingon weapons. We have tried hard to work it all out,
but we are not sure we got it right. That is why I have come here to ask you
Klingon experts to help us get it right.

Any suggestions?

00:27:35,167 --> 00:27:41,451

http://youtu.be/VJouMFIAN8Q

Script version: We can carry a knife, a sword, a bat'leth, a d'k tahg, a
kut'luch, a mek'leth, a mevak, a qhonDoq, a tajtiq...

Version 1: We can carry a knife, a sword, a bat'leth, a mevak, a d'k tahg, a
kut'luch, a tajtiq, a Ni'Itzu.

Version 2: We can carry a knife, a sword, a bat'leth, a mevak, a tajtiq, a
kut'luch, a gt'set, a ni'itzu.

Is version 1 or 2 correct or can you suggest an even better version?

The definitive answer will be placed in the subtitles used for the episode.

It would be great if you guys can help us get this right.

And by the way, we hope you enjoy Kitumba, it is a great Star Trek TOS
episode of epic proportions.

Regards

Peter Walker

Star Trek New Voyages: Phase II, UK + Germany
Webmaster, Video Editing

Subtitles Coordination

www.trekcon.de

www.startrekphase2.de