[Tlhingan-hol] qoH SuS je bopbogh lut'e'

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Feb 24 07:54:59 PST 2014

ja' Voragh:
> {ngogh} seems to be a (rectangular?) block/brick of something -- IOW a 3-dimensional shape.  I.e.
>
>     {ngogh}   block/brick  :  {letbaQ}  rectangle
>     {buq'Ir}  cube         :  {meyrI'}  square

That is vey close, but I would not narrow it into "only" the geometrical
form. I'd even guess that klingons would not describe a geometric cube
as a {ngogh}, I'd prefer {letbaQ tut} (which is no canon example). With
the definition "lump", a {ngogh} may also be the shape of a spit out
chewing gum.

>    or lump or brick. [Maltz] said he's seen humans eating {yuch ngoghmey}

And yuch ngoghmey can also have many different shapes, just as bread and
cheese.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh