[Tlhingan-hol] KLI-approved websites

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sun Feb 16 02:10:46 PST 2014

jaj 16.02.2014 02:49, ghItlh lojmIt tI'wI' nuv:
> Why not just qep? It's no longer insignificant enough to be qepHom,

That question is also easy to answer:
Because people are used to the "name".

Almost nobody knows or understands the word literally. The attendees
don't think like "I'm going to a minor meeting" but they think "I'm
going to a meeting (which is not the KLI's annual meeting) where I can
learn klingon and speak with others"

The Logo contains the word qepHom, the website is named qepHom.de, and
there's even a valid german wikipedia entry named qepHom for that same
reason.

It's not just a word anymore, it's a name - or you may call it a brand.
It would be silly to change it now after more than ten years.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh