[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SaHHa'

Christopher Kidder-Mostrom cokidder at cbtheatre.org
Fri Feb 14 08:00:35 PST 2014

Technically, they are from a published work, now.  The words were created
for "A Klingon Christmas Carol".

http://www.lulu.com/shop/christopher-kidder-mostrom-and-chris-lipscombe-and-laura-thurston-and-bill-hedrick/a-klingon-christmas-carol/hardcover/product-21446409.html

ISBN: 9780988873834

It'll be available through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, etc. in a few weeks.

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> > Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, February 14, 2014
> >
> > Klingon word: SaHHa'
> > Part of speech: verb
> > Definition: be unconcerned (about)
> > Source: Marc Okrand
>
> Well, qurgh beat me to the punch and quoted his email, so all that's left
> is to comment about {SaH} "care for, be concerned about" (v):
>
>   jISaHbe'
>   I don't care (which of several courses of action is followed)! TKD
>
>   wa' yIHoH. jISaHbe'
>   Kill one of them. I don't care which. ST3
>
>   bISaHbe'?
>   [You don't care?! (untranslated)] PK
>
>   qorDu' SaHlu'chugh 'ej matlhlu'chugh vaj wa' tlhIngan ghob potlhqu'
>   devotion and loyalty to family is one of the most important Klingon
> virtues. S13
>
>   ghojwI'pu'lI' tISaH
>   Care about your students. TKW
>
>   toH, Hey Humanpu'.  qatlh DISaH?
>   [untranslated] STID
>
> Note the similar verb:
>
> Qorgh           take care of, care for  (v)
>
>   'etlh QorghHa'lu'chugh ragh 'etlh nIvqu' 'ej jejHa'choH
>   Even the best blade will rust and grow dull unless it is cared for. TKW
>
>   nuHmeyraj tIQorgh | watlh 'Iwraj 'e' lu'aghmo' nuHmey jej
>   [Kahless spoke to them] about caring for their weapons, for they
>    represent the purity of their blood. PB
>

> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons