[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SaHHa'

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Fri Feb 14 07:31:21 PST 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 10:13 AM, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 14.02.2014 16:01, schrieb qurgh lungqIj:
>
>  Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, February 14, 2014
>>
>> Klingon word: SaHHa'

>> Source: Marc Okrand
>>

> Really? ...Duh!  ;- )

That means it came directly from him (via a Facebook mail) and not via a
published source. Here's what he said:

For "apathy" and "corruption," since they're animals pulled out of a pocket
(if I remember correctly), he went with:

"apathy" (or "apathy creature") - {SaHHa'wI'} "one who is not concerned" or
pIlHa'wI' "unmotivated one" (that doesn't work well in this sans serif
Facebook typeface!).

"corruption" (or "corruption creature") - {quvHa'wI'} "dishonored one"

If it works better to to have concepts rather than beings/animals for these
words, he offered:

"apathy"  {SeHHa'ghach}  ("disinterest")
"corruption" {quvHa'ghach}  ("dishonor")

qurgh