[Tlhingan-hol] "Klingon" in parody of Coke commercial

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Feb 10 01:46:49 PST 2014

Christoph is talking like a true klingon, but he should not

 > apologize for the malice in the following,

;- )

Because he is right: The problem with the KLI's server is a very old
one, and it comes back once a year. Everybody wants to help, but we
don't know why those who are responsible do not react...(?)

Talking about the mailing list: It only takes one minute to change the
subject line to [Tlhingan-hol] - I know the software, but am lacking the
password.

I like your idea of setting some kind of basic "Klingon-resource-page"
that everyone can copy to his own website. It may contain links to
trustful websites and some useful notes. But I do not think that one can
copy complete websites and spread those ovre the web.

A central information hub is again quite complicated. Which one will it
be? The KLI should be, but it is not maintained for years. We do have
several important and very complete source pages, and they are spread,
BUT interlinked - one just needs to set up more links to those pages.

 > Having a template to copy would reduce the amount of work necessary
for the individual, while making the information easier to discover.

I will work on that and put it on my website. We could maybe establish
some kind of "committee" (that's what actually the KLI should be) and
make a stamp for websites like "this page is KLI-approved" so that users
can see this page contains good klingon. (I'll also put that to my
to-do-list)

Qov has pointe dout in a previous message that although the KLI's page
is quite sleeping, many other members of the KLI are very active, so
that IS the KLI. It's like a growing fire, even after its center is
extinguished.

> If there was a good central information hub, I'd consider putting the link in forum signatures.

I'm working on that. (on my to-do-list) But this should be the KLI, and
that's the problem.

> Or perhaps a website that contains a link to bing (or includes it, if that is allowed) together with simple rules to follow in order to at least produce halfway acceptable klingon?
I will set some kind of "springboard" on my website (I'm not sure that
word can be used like that in english as it is used in german :-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh