[Tlhingan-hol] keeping "KLI folklore" words in word lists

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Dec 17 11:09:52 PST 2014

Am 17.12.2014 um 18:09 schrieb PICHLMANN Christoph:
> How many beginners actually know of these lists?

Well, any beginner would ask an experienced person and hope that the
information he gets is correct. Or google for "new klingon words" and
you'll get both the KLI and qepHom's list as first two results.

> I don't see how people can learn fake words when all they get is "XYZ is not a klingon word".

That's two pair of shoes:
a) People would really "learn" a word for instance if the entry says
"NARG is fake klingon, used to mean pancake", in a case when they'd need
that word and find no other solution.

b) Saying the XYZ is not a klingon word would create an endless list of
not-klingon words: XYZ, ZYX, XZY,...

But anyhow, I have added a page to my klingon wiki explaining these fake
words. So hopefully someone searching for that word will at least find a
page explaining they're fake instead of only giving examples of use. It
should appear in the Google results in few days:
http://wiki.qephom.de/En/KLIwords

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh