[Tlhingan-hol] keeping "KLI folklore" words in word lists

Casey Ransberger casey.obrien.r at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 06:45:52 PST 2014

I have an idea. Picture a graph where a word has associated symbols marking
it as significant in different ways, like #canon and #st3, or #noun or
#verb (I guess I'm describing what's popularly called "tagging.")

It would then be pretty trivial to expose via e.g. web UI a way for regular
folks like us to be able to search and filter based on any of these
adjectives.

For the CS folks, a further elaboration on this idea might be to find
interesting relationships between words and start to map those out (either
automatically, or let users do it wiki-style.) Then it goes past tagging
and starts to look more like a semantic network.

I got to thinking about this because I found myself really wanting some
kind of rudimentary syntax highlighting for writing Klingon when I kept
saying absolutely the wrong thing with typos. That got me thinking about
where I was going to get the data, which I can't take from the book for
copyright reasons. If users create the graph, then there's at least an
argument that this isn't "stolen data."

Blah blah blah,

--the Fancy New Guy (FNG)