[Tlhingan-hol] keeping "KLI folklore" words in word lists

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 01:41:16 PST 2014

What's everyone's opinions on whether "KLI folklore" words like *{HIlel}
and *{tlhoqo'} belong in word lists? In {boQwI'}, I have the former but not
the latter, mostly because I felt that any explanation of the origin of
*{tlhoqo'} would come across as mean-spirited. I also have *{pabpo'} but
not *{yID}, because the first has general utility and the other is an
in-joke. It seems likely that anyone who'd understand any of those four
words would understand the others, anyways.

Should I remove *{HIlel} and *{pabpo'}? Add {tlhoqo'} and *{yID}? Leave
things as they are? If I were keeping the word list just for myself, I'd
have all four (annotated to indicate folklore and not canon). But since I'm
maintaining a public list that a lot of people refer to, I feel I need to
perhaps be more strict or consistent.

(I also posted this in the FB jatlhwI'pu' group.)