[Tlhingan-hol] Moving forward with the new website

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Mon Dec 8 09:17:54 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not volunteering for anything, but can I assume that the overhaul
> will take the mobile generation into account? As the maintainer of a
> somewhat popular Klingon language app for Android (boQwI'), I often
> receive emails from people requesting that more Klingon learning
> materials be made available for mobile devices. These are people who
> manage to contact me because my app is on their smartphone, but are
> unaware of the KLI's existence. There is literally a generation of
> people who have heard of the Klingon language only from The Big Bang
> Theory or Abrams-Trek, and whose first source of Internet information
> isn't the web, but the app store (Google Play or iTunes) on their
> phone.

The base theme we are using on the new site is built on Twitter Bootstrap,
so it's mobile-friendly from the start. Everything is being designed with
mobile in mind.

> The KLI would increase its reach greatly if, for example, Robyn's
> course was, in addition to being online, downloadable as an app for
> iPhone & Android.

The software we are using to build the course isn't really geared towards
making apps, although an app that was based on webview and just showed the
course could also be possible since everything is HTML5.

qurgh