[Tlhingan-hol] Catholic priest seeks recording of prayer in Klingon

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv 'utlh lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 20:01:47 PDT 2014

We might as well try to come up with the “right” translation for “Easter Bunny”.

I know, I know. We don’t have a Klingon word for “Easter” or “bunny”, and both concepts would be pretty alien to a Klingon, and the two concepts don’t really combine to mean the same thing that the two words combine to mean in English, but hey, it’s out there and it REALLY NEEDS to be TRANSLATED!

And Santa Clause. Or Saint Nicholas. And reindeer. Especially with shiny noses. We NEED to translate reindeer with shiny noses.

And make sure we all discuss it for a LONG TIME on the list. Maybe it will turn a few Klingons into true believers.

I mean, I’ve seen Easter eggs with my own eyes. They are real. They obviously were laid by bunnies. So, obviously, we need to be able to translate these things so that Klingons will understand what it is to be human. Because humans and human culture and beliefs are so important to Klingons, they shouldn’t have to learn to speak DIvI’ Hol to hear about it, right?

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Door Repair Guy, Retired Honorably