[Tlhingan-hol] KLPC help - Klingon expertise NOT required

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Wed Apr 23 10:51:38 PDT 2014

For the Klingon course I'm working on, I thought it would be fun for the
learner to have an alphabet poster for their wall. I have one of these in
Khmer, and I stare at it in wonder, looking at the strange letters and the
strange animals, comprehending none of it.

For the course, I would like this to be in the Okrandian system, the 26
letters and combos, but I bet people on the list would like a pIqaD version,
too.
It could be just the letters arranged in a long strip or a grid. It could be
the letters and a picture of  something that starts with that letter. It
would be good if as many of its words as possible were from the beginners'
list. (Section 6 at http://www.speers.nu/Holtej/klingon/guidelines.htm). The
problem with that list is that it's in English, so you would have to go
through it and recall or look up the Klingon for each one, searching for
appropriate poster candidates. That's not really a problem, because what a
good exercise, eh?

I personally wouldn't mind if it included fanciful conceptions of the
appearance of a vetlh, 'er, Qa'  or Sargh, but I'll be delighted with
anything someone cares to contribute.

And if you have online flashcard decks or other learning tools for any KLBC
level that you would be willing to share, please send me a link and I will
make them available to students.

Plus if there's someone out there who could really use the study opportunity
to stick 510 words and their translations into formatted table cells, drop
me an e-mail (yeah, that last one's a long shot, but it would help you with
studying for the KLPC level 1).

- Qov