[Tlhingan-hol] Story - Out of order installments

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Sat Sep 7 08:02:34 PDT 2013

On 9/7/2013 9:17 AM, Felix Malmenbeck wrote:
>> I don't want a napkin that Okrand nods at to be thought of as
>> carefully considered grammar.
>
> I would agree with this. However, my own thinking is that this is
> currently the closest thing we have to canon, and will therefore rely on
> it until it's been contradicted.

We've done just fine for decades without relying on offhand remarks.

>>TKD does not support saying it that way.
>
> How so?

TKD translates {Qoch} as "disagree," not as "disagree with." Some verbs
have since been redefined to include the English preposition (e.g.,
{qIm}), and it's quite possible that {Qoch} will be one of these, but we
mustn't be hasty in drawing that conclusion based on a passing,
otherwise undocumented, comment.

"Be careful" is the lesson to be learned here.

http://www.trimboli.name/