[Tlhingan-hol] Story: ghuv = The Recruit - 58

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Sun Oct 27 11:25:51 PDT 2013

'eng explained why the warhead didn't explode right away.
--
jatlh maQ, "jutoD." QeHbe' maQ 'e' tlhoj torgh. tuH maQ.  torgh qa' teb
le'yo', 'ach maQ tuHmoH neHbe'bej. wanI' junmeH latlh qech chup.
jatlh, "romuluSngan vIHoHtaHvIS Dunqu' wanI'.  be'pu' vIngaghta' 'ach
ghopDu'wIjDaq 'Iw SuD tu'lu'DI' . HoH QaQ law' be' QaQ puS." ghopDu'Daj cha'
torgh. bIHDaq 'Iw SuD tu'lu'taH.
mon maQ 'ej Haghqu' 'eng. Qochbe' chaH. romuluSngan HoH 'e' tIvqu' Hoch.
leSchoH torgh.
ghIq cha'bIp ghogh Qoy torgh. jatlh bIp, "be'pu' muj Dangaghlaw', torgh."
----
jatlh maQ, "jutoD." = maQ said, "You saved us." A lot of people remember
this prefix from the dialogue line, "chay' jura'?"
QeHbe' maQ 'e' tlhoj torgh. = "Torg realizes that maQ isn't angry."
tuH maQ. = "maQ is ashamed."
torgh qa' teb le'yo', 'ach maQ tuHmoH neHbe'bej. -  le'yo' = pride;  "Pride
fills Torg's spirit, but he definitely does not want to shame maQ."
wanI' junmeH latlh qech chup. = "To evade the event he suggests another
idea."
jatlh, "romuluSngan vIHoHtaHvIS Dunqu' wanI'. =  literally, "While I am
killing Romulans, the event is very wonderful." That is: "He said, "Killing
Romulans was fantastic."
be'pu' vIngaghta' 'ach ghopDu'wIjDaq 'Iw SuD tu'lu'DI' . HoH QaQ law' be'
QaQ puS." = "I have mated with women, but as soon as there was green blood
on my hands ... killing is better than a woman."
ghopDu'Daj cha' torgh. = "Torg shows his hands."
bIHDaq 'Iw SuD tu'lu'taH. = "There is still green blood on them."
mon maQ 'ej Haghqu' 'eng. = "maQ smiles and Cloud laughs hard."
Qochbe' chaH. = "They agree."
romuluSngan HoH 'e' tIvqu' Hoch. = "Everyone enjoys killing Romulans."
leSchoH torgh. = "Torg relaxes."
ghIq cha'bIp ghogh Qoy torgh. = "And then Torg hears cha'bIp's voice."
 jatlh bIp, "be'pu' muj Dangaghlaw', torgh." = Bip says,  "I think you're
mating with the wrong women, Torg."
---
And that's the end. I don't actually know whether bIp is just toying with
him, or whether Sun is going to have to put another post-operative
prohibition on her patient.
It's someone else's turn to write a story.  Yes, maybe YOURS. It can be
short. Clearly it doesn't have to be talented. lut vIloS.
Otherwise I might have to write about the mysterious mission for which Torg
had to reprogram the sensors. I left that part out of this story, because if
they didn't tell Torg, they sure as hell wouldn't want YOU to know.
Unfortunately by blowing up the space station Torg has undone the subtle
change they needed for the mission, but perhaps because now there is no way
they'll find out what really happened, they may be able to use the same
trick twice.
I'll probably go kind of quiet for a while. I'm learning a new language and
participating in NaNoWriMo. If you have an idea for a story and would like
to collaborate in February, I'd have fun with that.
-	Qov