[Tlhingan-hol] Story: ghuv = The Recruit - 20

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Mon Nov 4 06:08:44 PST 2013

I could have given it a long form explanation but I wanted it to sound more casual. I imagine that the technical term is something more precise, but that the commandos have shortened it for day-to-day use. After all the English version doesn't mask all gases .. etymology cheat, I know.

Thanks for proving that it was interpretable like that. We sometimes talk about poor Klingon being "trap door code" -- what was easy for the writer to translate to us nearly impossible for the reader to extract meaning from.

- Robyn