[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: toQDuj

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 04:27:26 PST 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Bellerophon, modeler
<bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are quite a few bird terms in Klingon, but it seems that none of the canon bird species (borghel, cha'bIp, Da'nal, etc.) are specifically birds of prey; many are obviously not.

A {lotlhmoq} sounds like a kind of bird of prey. A {qISa'ruj} also
sounds like a kind of bird of prey, though we don't know the word
except through the ship class.

> So is {toQ} a general term for all birds of prey or a specific species?

http://klingonska.org/canon/1997-04-07-email.txt
<According to Marc, a {toQ} is a Klingon avian analogous to a
Terran bird of prey.  {toQ} does not *literally* mean "bird of prey",
it's merely one type of creature which exhibits characteristics similar
to that gouping of Terran birds.>