[Tlhingan-hol] "Klingon Helper" on Windows 8 phone

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Thu May 30 14:56:54 PDT 2013

On 5/30/2013 5:30 PM, De'vID wrote:

> Does anyone have a Windows 8 phone and tried this app?
> http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/klingon-helper/a076ee25-2f9d-4936-ad1a-18008bd6081b
>
> Is the functionality any good? (It seems to be using Zrajm's database.)

The dictionary look-up seems limited. I can't get results for the
English words "ship," "building," "happy," or "be happy," for instance.
The Klingon look-up is not case sensitive; for "Quch" it finds both
{Quch} and {quch}. It's also a bit slow to look things up.

I'll note that the page of ideals should be translated with {-'egh} and
{-moH}, since they're commands with verbs of quality.

http://www.trimboli.name/