[Tlhingan-hol] Bingonese Translator

Fiat Knox fiat_knox at yahoo.co.uk
Tue May 14 15:28:12 PDT 2013

The Bing Klingon translator went online today. I've tried a few sample sentences, rudimentary stuff anyone could do with a cursory examination of TKD.

It needs work.

You fought me yesterday.    Bing: jIHvaD ghob wa'Hu'.
We travel to Kronos.    Bing: leng Qo'noS.
I want to eat that meal.    Bing: SoHvaD jISop vIneH.
My targ likes to eat gagh.    Bing: vay' ghaghH ghaytan targh.
We fought ten warriors.    Bing: wa'maH SuvwI' maSuv.
Come here!    Bing: naDev ghoS!
Sleep there!    Bing: Qong pa'!
Dishonourable Romulans are everywhere!    Bing: Dat quvHa' romulans!
The wind does not respect a fool.    Bing: qoH vuvbe' SuS.
Beam me up, Scotty!    Bing: HIjol, scotty!

Translations provided by Bing.

Let's hope they get improving. Rate the accuracy of your translations below each one. Also, you'll need to try and find some way of contacting the people who run the Bing translator to provide them with the accurate translations and the rules applicable, so their knowledge base can more efficiently parse the sentences - both ways.

Till then, *sigh* expect journalists to come up with "Hov trek 'oH tlhegh ngo'." for "Star Trek is money for old rope."