[Tlhingan-hol] Stonewall Poster Goes Klingon ...

Brent Kesler brent.of.all.people at gmail.com
Fri May 3 13:58:17 PDT 2013

I scratched my head at {yIqImHa'}.

First, grammar. Wouldn't {-Qo'} be the usual negative marker for commands?
However, {-Ha'} is more than just another negative, so I have no problem
using it in commands; others more skilled than me might disagree.

Second, semantics. Whether {-Ha'} or {-Qo'} is used, to me {yIqIm-Ha'/Qo'}
sounds like "Pay no attention to this fact". I think the point of the
poster is to bring your attention to this fact and demand that you accept
it. For that, I'd say {yIlajqu'}. On the other hand, maybe it's a brusk
"Mind your own business", which is very Klingon. YMMV--I'd like to hear
what others think.

Finally, the I's in {yIqImHa'} should technically be capital, but since
there's no dot, I won't quibble over it.

bI'reng