[Tlhingan-hol] new Klingon [SPOILER]

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Wed May 1 06:40:11 PDT 2013

Here's the press conference with Zoe Saldana:
http://youtu.be/1J46rgq54SU?t=23m2s (starts at around timestamp 23:02)

Transcript:

--------------

SOME GUY: Question from the lady on the left-hand side...
LADY ON THE LEFT-HAND SIDE: Hello. Franziska(sp?) from Hamburg... Question to Zoe: How good is your Klingonian, in real?
ZOE SALDANA: Uhm...
SIMON PEGG: Answer in Klingon! Answer in Klingon!
ZOE SALDANA: I... I think it's good. Uhm, I... I'll let you be the judge when you see it. It was definitely fun. For some reason, there's just something about, like, me being able to memorize and learn a fictional language quicker than I can learn my lines. It's just, that's the way I guess my brain works. But it was tons of fun and we had somebody there that was a, y'know...
*turning towards J.J. Abrams*
I think the creator; we worked with the person who conceived the language.
J.J. ABRAMS: Yes, he's someone ..., he's like a Klingon linguist.
ZOE SALDANA: Yes, a Klingon linguist, and he, he was always there to correct us and for us to get the right pronunciation, and, uhm... So, it was fun. It was tons of fun.

So, it definitely sounds like it was Marc Okrand, particularly considering they've used him before.