[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon from Star Trek 2009

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sun Mar 24 00:49:43 PDT 2013

jaj 23.03.2013 15:27, ghItlh David Trimboli:
> If you're going to consider deleted scenes from the Star Trek movie as
> canonical Klingon, then you also should consider the unused sound file
> from the Star Trek: Klingon game as canon.

Did I ever doubt this? I don't think so. I'm glad with any Klingon we
can find, and since that information is provided on the CD AND spoken by
Okrand, I consider it canon.

> Dajatlhbogh vIyajbe'
> I don't understand what you said
>
> Notice the lack of a head noun on the relative clause.

On the other hand, don't forget that Okrand even does mistakes himself
sometimes. We might call them "Klingon dialect" :-)

cf. TKD 3.3.5
lujpu' jIH'e'
It is I who has failed

Notice the lack of the prefix :-P

That doesn't make it right nor a new rule. It's probably just a mistake
since there is no further mentioning of it.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh