[Tlhingan-hol] The Klingon Dictionary

André Müller esperantist at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 08:08:41 PST 2013

Dear Lieven,
The Klingon Dictionary is mentioned a few times in the book "In the Land of
Invented Languages" (by linuist Arika Okrent), for instance on page 272:

"The Klingon Dictionary, written by Okrand and licensed by Paramount, has
sold more than 300,000 copies of its two editions. But a dictionary buyer
does not a speaker make. [sic]"

And again later on page 275:

"He [Scott from Florida] said he was having a great time so far, and he was
really hoping Marc Okrand would make an appearance, as he sometimes does at
the qep'a's. "I'm starstruck," he said with a wide smile. "I brought a new
copy of The Klingon Dictionary for him to sign.""

I think that's all from the book. She writes quite a lot about Klingon, but
not so much about the dictionary itself.

- André