[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: maS

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 5 21:17:25 PST 2013

ghItlhpu' qurgh, jatlh:
> Klingon word: maS
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: moon

jang Voragh, jatlh:
> lujang maS'e' loQ So'be'bogh QIb lurur
> they reply, shaped as the crescent moon. PB
> Praxis {pIraqSIS} is described as "a Klingon moon";

Also found in the paq'batlh with the spelling {pIraQSIS} - which may be an error, but I prefer it so I'm going to fight for it as a "dialectic variant".

> It's unknown whether Qo'noS has any other moons, although the ST6 reference implies the existence of at least one other.

Though non-canonical in terms of the broader Trek universe, one or more of the licensed Star Trek RPGs (various sources claim the FASA, Decipher, and/or GURPS publications, none of which I've been able to locate) apparently state that Qo'noS has two moons, the second being named Corvix.

QeS