[Tlhingan-hol] New word part 2

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Jun 4 12:25:00 PDT 2013

> How is {Qumran} different from {tetlh} "roll, scroll, list"?
>
> Does {Qumran} refer to the physical aspects of a scroll, while {tetlh} is more of a (longish) list (i.e. material vs. content)?

We did not talk about that, and it is even possible that he even might
have forgotten about {tetlh} - we won't know.  :-/

But when I think about it and compare it to your examples, I guess that
it is exactly like you said:
{tetlh} might be a list of names for instance, and the {Qumran} is a
longish scrolled piece of paper.

Thinking further, a "list" of five names can be written on a small piece
of paper. A scroll like {Qumran} does not necessarily need any words on it.

QumranDaq tetlh vIghItlhlaH.
Qumran 'oHbe' naD tetlh.

--
Lieven L. Litaer