[Tlhingan-hol] {qoSta'} clarified

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jul 31 13:01:56 PDT 2013

Am 31.07.2013 21:49, schrieb Steven Boozer:
> IIRC wasn't {'ul 'aplo'mey} listed in TalkNow! along with {mIllogh qonwI'} "camera" and {mIllogh qonwI' qoSta'} "film" ?

"along with" is said too much, except that they are in the same category
"shopping". There are several different entries in between those words.

> Are modern camera batteries rectangular?

The batteries shown in the TN are the same as they have been used during
the past thrity years or longer, round, two inch long, half inch thick.
Modern cameras can use these standard batteries, but if they are
rechargable, they usually are rectangular.

IIRC MO did not see the images when he worked on the translation. qe'San
had everything translated as much as he was able to and then gave his
list to Okrand to complete it.

I guess that Okrand just had to think about "batteries", and thought
something like "thing carrying electricity... Hey, I got the qoSta'
'aplo', so this is the 'ul 'aplo'..."

Just in my own imagination, of course ;- )

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh