[Tlhingan-hol] {qoSta'} clarified

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jul 31 09:11:54 PDT 2013

jaj 31.07.2013 17:05, ghItlh Steven Boozer:
> So what do a game boxes, (audio?) cassettes and batteries have in common?

My idea was that {'aplo'} might mean exactly what we translate as
"container".
This is all just speculative, but it is only our personal feeling that
"contain+er" is translated literally as {ngaS + wI'}.

What they have in common?

- A cassette is a container of the {wab qoSta'}.
- A battery is a container of {'ul}.
- The MKE-box is the container of the game.

That's what they all have in common. But that's only my point of view.

(Maybe there's a pun with "holder", pronounced "olda", put upside down ;-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh