[Tlhingan-hol] qep'a' New Vocabulary

Lawrence M. Schoen klingonguy at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 12:33:13 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Robyn Stewart <robyn at flyingstart.ca> wrote:

> *While having the exact gloss is important, and I will try not to
> misstate it in future, is there a case where figurative speech isn’t
> metaphorical or vice versa?*

Yes. All Metaphors are examples of Figurative language, but not all
Figurative language involves Metaphors.

Similes are probably the most obvious thing to point to. We can do Similes
easily enough using *rur*, but these will not be Metaphors.

--
Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen :: author :: publisher :: psychologist :: hypnotist
:: klingonist