[Tlhingan-hol] "up to" or "as many as"

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Jul 12 06:50:20 PDT 2013

> No, I wouldn't do that. {DuHbe'bogh ghu'} is a more fundamental idea
> than {jav ghu'} in this statement.
>
> rut jav DuHbe'bogh qech vIHarpu' nIQ vISoppa'.

I'm skeptical towards placing a counting word before the verb rather than the noun; in my mind, that would make {jav} the object (or perhaps the beneficiary} of {DuHbogh}.

To the best of my knowledge, we don't have any canonical support for either method, but we do have a potentially relevant example with -meH from Monopoly - Klingon Edition:

polmeH jav QujwI' lIwmey
6 Collectible Tokens