[Tlhingan-hol] "where are you from?"

David Holt kenjutsuka at live.com
Mon Jan 21 10:57:26 PST 2013

From: qeslagh at hotmail.com

> jang DloraH, jatlh:
>> mebpa'meylIj yIngu'.

> *tI*ngu'. Though I think the singular might be preferable here (mebpa'lIj yIngu'),
> since it's rare for one person to occupy more than one guest room.

> QeS

I would like to remind you that <mebpa'mey> was defined as "hotel" in KGT.  Saying <mebpa'meylIj tIngu'> makes it sound like I think you have more than one room.  Saying <mebpa'lIj yIngu'> makes it sound like I want to know your room number.  However, the entries in KGT make it look like <mebpa'meylIj yIngu'> means "Identify your hotel".  Though personally I would prefer <mebpa'lIj qach yIngu'>.

janSIy