[Tlhingan-hol] Fwd: RE: Klingon Scrabble

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 11 08:59:45 PST 2013

ghItlhpu' Qov, jatlh:
> I'm impressed by both your distributions,

qatlho'qu'. Noah, SoH qatlho' je. I thought your distribution was well thought-out and your maths were great - it took me nearly an hour to get the numbers to balance out right.

> and have googled to determine that English Scrabble does have 100 letters
> including the blanks, but some foreign-language editions have a few more.
> I don't think Klingon needs more than English has, though.

Agreed. It's true that there's quite a degree of variety; Italian seems to have 120 tiles, even though they're distributed over only 21 letters. But Klingon's rigid word structure can sometimes lead to a particular type of congestion on the board, and I think that'd only be exacerbated by adding many more tiles.

> I also have a pdf of the letter shapes he intends to use, if anyone
would like to see a copy of that--I'm going to send one to qurgh.

HIngeH - I'd be keen.

QeS