[Tlhingan-hol] whatculture's "10 Things You Must Know When Dating A Trekker"

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Thu Feb 28 11:14:22 PST 2013

I understand your objection, and I too discourage the use of -neS as
"please" or routine politeness. I'm using it here because it's
formally marked language which places the person in a pedestal above
you, as you beseech them for the honour of their hand in
marriage.  Another place I've heard it used and liked it was
<bIpawneS> as a gracious welcome. I wasn't my host's superior
officer, but it was a gesture of honour to a guest that I thought worked well.

- Qov