[Tlhingan-hol] {qoSta'} clarified

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 01:53:37 PDT 2013

Voragh:
> > [It does BTW appear in the ST:Klingon! (KCD) novelization (p.85f.) and
maybe the game itself (can someone check?):

> >     The bartender nodded and before a moment passed he had
> >   returned with three bottles. He sat them on the bar and
> >   pointed at each in turn.
> >     "{ngaSwI' wej. HIvje'mey.}"
> >
> > As I recall the bartender wasn't a Klingon, so that may explain his
grammar:  "Bottle(s).  three. Glasses."  (Note that this appeared before
{bal} was published in KGT although {bIQ bal} "water jug" was used in the
KCD game itself.)]

De'vID:
> It's been a long time, and I don't have the ability to run the game
> any more, but wasn't that line spoken by Gowron or Pok? IIRC, the
> bartender gave Pok a choice of three bottles of drinks of various
> strengths, and {ngaSwI' wej} is a request for "bottle number three".
> But I may be wrong about that.

The scene is at the 5:30 mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIuqtvEqQck

Gowron says the line. Based on the reaction it indeed seems to be intended
as "bottles, three glasses."