[Tlhingan-hol] anyone have a contact at conlang.org? or a MySpace account?

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 11:43:51 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 10:42 AM, De'vID <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I came across this analysis of the "Klingon" spoken in the movie "Garden State":
> http://tsketar.conlang.org/conlangs/klingongardenstate.html
>
> <Just to be absolutely positively sure, I also investigated what would
> be the Klingon version of the phrase, as glossed by one of the other
> characters -- "I like to mate after battle". I got:
>
> may' tlha' vIngagh 'e' vIparHa'
>
> literally 'I like it that I mate with him/her following battle.' If
> you can find a better translation (or a person who could provide a
> better translation), I'd welcome the pointer.>
>
> I would like to contact the author to offer a suggestion, but there is
> no contact info on the site.

An intrepid sleuth has given me the author's email contact info. Thank
you, Ruben.

Now, what do people think I should suggest for "I like to mate after battle"?

There are several ways to render "after battle" ({jISuvpu'DI'},
{rInDI' may'}, etc.)  I think "[I] mate [with unspecified person]" has
to be {jIngagh} and "I like to [do something]" is {'e' vItIv}.

rInDI' may' jIngagh 'e' vItIv.
jISuvpu'DI' jIngagh 'e' vItIv.

Does anyone have better suggestions?